Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Getting Healthy

Okay so Tuesdays are my getting healthy day. It is the day I weigh in every week, it is also the day my inspiration show is on, Biggest Loser. I started watching the show probably about two and a half years ago. I realized, at that time, I was as heavy as some of those people on there. (The most resent seasons they have gone with heavier people then they use too.) I new I was over weight, but didn't realize I was obese or that other people that were as big as i was were leaving there families for months just to learn how to lose this weight. This was more serious then I had realized.
I knew I would never be able to leave my family for as long as they did, so I figured i had to learn how do do this on my own. It took a while, but I have learned a lot and I am still learning. I have been asked by people for tips or how I've done it or am doing it so I have narrowed it down to six tips of what has helped me and I'm going to share one tip every Tuesday. I hope that it will help some of you and I am open to your ideas and tips also.

Tip #1

Forgive Yourself

This is a life long battle, you can't expect all or nothing. If you over eat one meal forgive yourself and do better the next meal. If you have a bad day start again the next day. Don't wait until next Monday or next month. Never use the excuse “well I already blew it” because with a mentality like that you have. You will have bad moments and bad days, especially at the beginning, but remember it's the long term and over all that matters.

I'm down 3.5 lbs this week yuppie! that is a large loss!

No comments: