Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Weight loss tip #3

Keep Yourself Accountable
Track your calories, write down what you are eating everyday. Research has shown that just by writing down what you are eating you will eat less because your aware of what you are putting in your mouth. A lot of people are mindless eaters I guess.
Biggest loser books suggest to multiply your weight x 7 = the amount of calories you should eat to lose weight. You must eat to fuel your body. Eating to little calories not only could do some damage to your body, but it will have a reverse effect, because your body will think it is starving (which it is) and hold onto everything you eat.

2 comments:

Scott and Katy Adams said...

Emm, I researched that calculation of your weight times seven. I think that may be true if you have a lot to lose, but for me, though I still want to lose 15 lbs, it was a very low number. Bodies need enough not to shut down metabolism, like you said. I looked up several website and there are great calculators that figure in height, weight, age, activity level etc. I just typed "How many calories a day do I need to eat to lose weight?" into a search engine. Good luck!! I have recently started accai berries combines with a colon cleanser. Hope it helps me lose weight. I have been stuck for a while.

Rob and Emmalee said...

your right there are more info, I should have added, they say it should never be below 1050 which is 150lbs. If you weigh less than that then you should still eat at least 1050 calories. I'm just nowhere near that and forget some people are.